Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Giant Mechanized Fighting Robots I

Now here's something truly ancient I came across when going through the many old projects I documented but never posted about. It dates back to when I was living in Hawaii--so 2015 or 2016.

My friend Karl over at CSW let me know that Hobbylink Japan was having a sale on these plastic VOTOMS action figures. I think they were less than $5 apiece.


I have a hard time passing up a good mech under the best of circumstances. I bought 5. 2 were to be in active poses for use as gaming pieces, 2 were to be in resting position with cockpits opened as pilotable objective markers, and one I chopped up to represent the debris of a destroyed mech.


These are some pictures of the build process for my favorite mech, above.


I cannibalized some guncannon bits I had left over. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever posted here about what I did with most of that guncannon kit. I'll have to rectify that...


Guitar strings are the best, obviously.


The unused guncannon head became a trophy for the base. 


Still one of my favorite, if not THE favorite model in my collection.


No comments :

Post a Comment