Friday, May 2, 2014

Fun With Blue Foam

It was bound to happen eventually. I found the blue foam at the local art store, and then, of course, had immediately to devise some new terrain projects that involved carving it all up.


I carved up some nice, creepy stone heads. The kind of things I imagine you would find leering from the darker crags and hollows of the Wyrdwold...


Since I was already making terrain, I decided I might as well throw together some dice pillars. Because why not? Also because I had a bunch of bicycle dice that I actually hated using.


And finally I carved up some fantastically-shaped howes and barrows. So now I'll have some plausible treasure recepticles for unsavory characters to raid.


Finished pics to follow. In the meantime, why not carve your thoughts into the soft, blue foam of the comments box, just down there:

7 comments :

  1. I really like the deranged headed monolith with his multi eyed friend beside him...... will look the business when painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one's probably my favorite too. Cheeky little rock people.

      Delete
  2. Great and curious terrain pieces. How did you carved the blue foam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very carefully! I actually just used my trusty x-acto knife, being careful to swap the blade out whenever it started to get dull. I found that after I had cut the rough shape, I could go in and gradually cut out small triangular sections to get the shape that I wanted.

      Delete
  3. It's like the Moai carvers of Rapa Nui hit the absinthe one night and decided to get REALLY creative.

    Excellent work with the foam there, that man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If only there were absinthe involved...if only. =]....

      Delete